Monday 11 January 2010

Farewell Temecula

3, 2, 1, take off! I cannot wait to hear that today. I am SO ready to get to New Zealand! I think I have said the word "New Zealand" more times than I, Tressa Tenney, say "sorry". For those of you who know me well, that is A LOT. Anyways, I am so tired of saying it, I'm ready to get down and dirty and experience it.
My departure on my giant 747 though New Zealand Air leaves 7:30 pm January 12th. Until then I think I will starve. Why you ask? I think I am secretly hiding my nervousness/excitement, and because of it, I have absolutely NO APPETITE. Not even a little bit. Not even a tiny bit. I haven't eaten since 1 pm yesterday (which was delicious by the way, I am going to miss Campini's!). Who knew there would be a time in my life when I wouldn't be hungry? Its pretty weird.
So with the absense of my best friends I have had a pretty big To-do list these last two weeks. My life as of the last two weeks went as follows:
  1. Avoid packing at all cost
  2. Babysit
  3. Pretend to pack
  4. Babysit
  5. Finally, pack
Pretty dang exciting eh? Now you can slightly begin to understand why I am so anxious. However, I am really going to miss my family and the wonderful (and normal, unlike Utah) people of Temecula, as well as the warm, shining sun.
Before I leave I wanted to put up a "before" picture of our apartment last semester. I am doing so with the hopes that either Jackie or Paige will put put up an amazing "after" photo. I have heard they have done some remodeling since some of us left. Paige and Jack: we are waiting!
As I have told some of you, I am guessing that for the next two weeks I will not have any access to the internet, aka, no access to the outside world. With that in mind, even though I will not get to see this blog for the next two weeks, please continue to post! I will be so excited to see it when I can. The first time I have internet access over there I promise to post and update all of you! I love you guys, yes that ,means you Britt, Kira, Paige, and Jack. Youda youda best. Kiss Kiss, hug, hug, Tressa Lynn Tenney

1 comment:

  1. Tress I don't know if you realize that you're no going on a rocket ship ride... just a plane ride... they don't have a count down or anything...

    ReplyDelete