Monday 11 January 2010

Unbelievable

ok... finally, im posting :) hah. However, this is not the post you all have been wanting with pictures of the new apartment set up. This is bigger then that.

Now, before you read this I would like to prep you... everything is going to be ok, there are other options, and remember, they are just tacos. These are the 3 things I have been repeating over and over to myself for a couple hours, since I experienced the unthinkable.

Here it goes....

yep, thats right. GRILL MEX is closed. GONE, VANISHED... FOREVER!

...if you look close you can see my tears.


THIS SIGN IS STILL HANGING!!
So after much disappointment, I resorted to another new mexican place that had dollar tacos. I was in desperate need of a taco so I was willing to try anything at this point. Dain told me to try here. I should have been skeptical from the beginning because...

1. It was on the south side of the tracks.
2. The parking lot was empty.
3. It was formally a Riches Diner with a mexican flag draped over the sign.

... so we walk in and it was fine, until I ask what kind of tacos they have. I listened to the young yet patient mexican girl name off different tacos, thinking to myself that she speaks pretty good english... but then all of a sudden she said "tongue". At this point I was confused so I repeated the strange muscle back to her back to her and sure enough, she nodded her head. I took a step back to look at the menu only to find this...

Yep, thats right no carnitas mean, but don't worry they do have cow head! I ordered pork taco, and let me tell you... it ain't got nothin on Grill Mex.

Love and miss you guys :)
MUAH!

2 comments:

  1. This I the saddest post in the world and also the most hilarious. I am so sorry!!!!!!!!! We had a moment of silence.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think this is my favorite post ever. And now I know that I will never EVER be able to go back to that place... so I guess I'll just have to stay here:)

    britt

    ReplyDelete