Sunday 21 February 2010

Another Week (or so) in the Life... of a rockstar... what?

So the past two weeks have been busy to say the least. I'll give you a quick list of the high lights and a few pictures (of this week only) so maybe you can appreciate England as much as I do:)
We: visited Windsor Castle (where the Queen and Princes live sometimes), Stoke Poges (where Thomas Gray wrote an Elegy in a Country Churchyard), Runnymede (where the Magna Carta was signed), Oxford (the town, and the University), Blenheim Palace, and Middle Temple.


Windsor Castle!

Stoke Poges


Kira was a little excited

So this is Blenheim Palace... just one of the Dukes lives here. It's really not very popular or anything... but really... how beautiful? And the grounds in the next two pictures. Just lovely. So Jane Austen-esque.


We spent a few hours in Oxford and at the university. This is the door which inspired Lewis Carrol's "Alice in Wonderland" and "Through the Looking Glass". So presh.

Um, yes this is real, WE HAD TEA AND CRUMPETS IN THE GREAT HALL OF HARRY POTTER!!! It was SO much fun.

*note: our tea and crumpets were Hot Chocolate and sandwiches, and delicious cakes:)

This is Christ's Church College at Oxford.

Belle's Library? Yes.

Kira with Honest Abe in London, he loves to visit it's one of his favorite towns. We're having tea next week:)

The second great hall we ate in this week... Middle Temple, a posh place for posh people, with quite a history as well.

The Templar Church, I LOVE the lighting.

Kensington Gardens, just up the street from us:)


The Peter Pan statue!!! We finally found it. I can now cross that off my list of things I want to do with my life I made when I was ten.
(Live in London, and see Peter Pan were both on there:)

2 comments:

  1. I love this! Looks amazing. I can't believe you guys are seeing and experiencing all of that! Miss you. You both always look so cute (tres)

    ReplyDelete
  2. why are you so cute and you did a cute background!! so springy and stuff:) Love you guys and miss you!!!

    ReplyDelete