Saturday 13 February 2010

Love turns to Hate

Yes, my title means that everything I love in this world I now hate. London, meat, tulips, mushrooms, tomatoes, gelato, chocolate. Hate it all.

You didn't give me a chance to say psyche!!

Just my love for airports and the magicality (new word) of flying, has turned to hate. My past three flying experiences have been pure torture... when I have never had any problems before.

First, the whole standby-getting-to-London episode. Need I say more.

Second, flying to Edinburgh (this past Wednesday)... when we were running totally late, were forced to check bags that we should have needed to... had to deal with an idiot who couldn't scan a boarding pass and tried to make me go get back in another line (I was assertive and took it out of his hand and scanned it for him... ha I have never seen someone so angry...), and then were delayed a couple of hours.

Last but not least... this experience I am experiencing this moment. We wanted to be prompt and not rushed again at the airport so we got here two hours early (learned everything I know from my daddy). Checked in, ate dinner, were all set. Delayed two hours. Not so bad. Then another hour. Then another. Our leaving of Edinburgh is still unclear. AND at this point we'll be getting there after 1, meaning all free public transportation will be closed and we have to get a cab. Thanks a lot Bin Laden.

1 comment: