Monday 8 February 2010

Say You'll Love Me...

Ok so I SUCK at this blogging thing. I'm not sure why I thought it would work... when I can't even keep a journal. Anyways this past week was pretty amazing as every week is in London. I'll give you a simple overview of the highlights: we saw Oliver!, Grease, and Phantom of the Opera on broadway... and LOVED all of them. My favorite of course was Phantom... Raoul was dreamy. We visited Dover and Canterbury. We went to the British Museum, Natural History Museum, and National Gallery. We took a lovely walk through St. James' Park, saw Buckingham Palace and have never felt more touristy, saw the Banqueting Hall. Went to a singles dance, tried out Camden Market (which is not even comparable to Portobello), watched a street performer. And ate lots of delicious food!!!

I could go into so much detail about everything I just wrote, but since I am getting on a bus in 6 hours and need to get some sleep (which is just my excuse... it's really pure laziness)... I'm going to just show you some pictures and let them speak for themselves. Oh and don't worry because I have already filled my 2 gig memory card twice on my camera... which is the nerd way of saying there's plenty more where these came from...


Just the Beautiful Natural History Museum...

The Amazing Panda Adventure. Anyone who knows what I'm talking about is my friend.


For Tress and Syd:)

On Wednesday we visited Dover Castle... which is right on the sea and is the closest point in England to France. We could see France! We got to tour the secret tunnels (not so secret anymore if you ask me)... where many of the plans for WWII battles were made. They have been in use since Napoleon's time, and even have a hospital!

Model Shoot on the Castle Grounds

We got to explore the whole place it was so cool... Kira DOES normally flick her feet when she walks if you were wondering...
At the highest point of the castle!

View from the Top!
I see London, I see France... I see Kira's underpants!!!
(You actually can't see any of these things in this particular picture... but I have pictures of each of those things... contact me if you're interested)


Thinker on the Rock
This is at the ruins of a St. Augustine's Church... of course taken down by Henry the Eighth... he's so obnoxious...

Yes, the beautiful entrance into the Canterbury Cathedral IS right next to a Starbucks.

Outside the Cathedral

This is the place where Archbishop Beckett was murdered... I put it up not to teach but to show how I want my place of murder to be remembered . Thanks mom!!

I just love Cloisters:) And no Bobette, that is not a bad word...

Awkward...

We saw Grease AND all of the most feminine guys in London in one night!!! I love backup dancers I'm going to get some one day...

Picturesque London

Yup, we came upon a squirrel on a bench eating a peanut in real life.
Daddy, I want a Squirrel. And a little Italian Boy.

The St. James Park Birdwoman

You can see the Eye in the background. How much more London can you get. (I only use this phrase with pictures and shoes...)

Nothing says home sweet home like gold plated gates!!

Buckingham Palace!


This is the banqueting hall for queens and kings (and of course the place where Charles II was executed... because, as they say in London, every great place needs an execution). It was dedicated on my birthday so I think that means I'm royalty.

Before the singles dance!!

Don't worry mom, I HAVE made some friends... shabby as they may be:)

Street performers think they're awesome. I wanted to tell him anyone can do that so stop making such a scene... really...

Trafalgar Square with Big Ben in the background!

2 comments:

  1. There is nothing wrong with teaching alongside the blogging :)...

    ReplyDelete
  2. that one picture "from the top".... is as pretty as a postcard... just like your face :)
    We're all still looking at britt and kira....

    ReplyDelete