Thursday 11 February 2010

Whatever

Ok so I am much too impatient to type up about every place I went to at this point in time. MAYBE over the weekend I will finish, but for now I just want to put up pictures. So here it goes. And like I promised, there will be no rhyme or reason to which pictures I put up. Pretty much whatever I feel like. Take it or leave it

We found this while hiking Tangariro ( a 6 hour hike!)
We had the LONGEST fireside one night so this girl did like a hundred mini braids in my hair and then fish tailed them together. SWEETAS! Looked like legit dreds.


These flowers are all over NZ/ Beautiful! This is in a park inChristchurch. The most beautiful place ever.


Kira and Britt these are for you. These are the colors I can imagine one of your guys' wedding to be.



On the ferry crossing from the North Island to the South. Probably one of my most favorite things. The winds onnthat boat were OUT OF CONTROL! Sooo fun.






Look like a movie anyone? This is again from our hike? i felt like a hobbit striaght out of Lord of the Rings. On our hike we summited a volcanoe, went through a desert, a rocky valley mountain thing, a grassy area like this, waterfalls, natuarl hot springs, and even a rainforest! All in just one hike! That is how NZ is, one minut your going through grassy feilds and then all of a sudden a lake area, and then a rain forest pops out of nowhere. It just unbelieveable.



Again from our hike. We were dying and had been going for about 4 hours and then we turned a corner and ran into this. These are stacked rocks. When hiking, if you walk past stacked ricks it means you are going the right way! The ultimate symbol of hope. My spirits were def lifted. I will never forget this sight. There were just millions of them! We even made our own :)





Hamilton temple!










Just hanging out at our campsite on the hammock ...









And looking up at this!





Here is the natural hot springs I was talking about!














Here is the top of the volcano. You can't tell, but on the right of me is aGIANT crater. The volcano is still active! As we hiked up it My feet were burning because the mountain was hot!











Me at the temple :)












the view from our tent at our campsite in Rotorua. Lovely place.









Another view from our campsite in Waitomo.
Sorry again I know this was a sucky post. Promise the best is yet to come.............say the word and I will follow you :)..... what movie/play?













1 comment:

  1. Good to see you and your adventures. It's so beautiful and I'm glad you're living it up. Do all you can and take a bunch of pictures and write places and names down. You'll forget, trust me!

    ReplyDelete